View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I put together a Mock Draft Tracker for the Texans pick

I'm going to barf if I see Moore at 15 for us one more time. I was on footballs future and I swear 7 of the first 8 mocks I looked at had us taking Moore. I closed the browser.

The problem I have with all these mock drafts that are out there is that they focus on team need 99% of the time. People are usually a fan of one or two teams that they know well and then just get an idea of what other teams' needs are and fill them accordingly. While mocks even the day before the draft are generally way off... there's just more to it than "the Texans never had a good Safety, they need major secondary help so Moore is the pick here." I get the rationale, it's just not how NFL teams think.

I do find them fun to look at and always support people making mock drafts. I don't look at them to be big tools as to a players draft status at all though. Even "pros" like Wright seem to be way off base in my opinion, but I guess that's why its an interesting thing. McGuire's got Brandon Spikes dropping to the 59th pick? LOL... surprised he doesn't have Curry in the 2nd round!

In any case, great work DiehardChris- Rep!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote