View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Pre-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
I'm not sold on Mays, but I can't argue the logic or position there; solid pick. I like the LBs you chose in round 2 (even if that's too high for Matthews), but I don't think we should draft either because they will be 3-4 OLBs. I like Brace and Gilbert, although I tihnk Gilbert will be a DT at the next level (probably another 3-4 player). Solid pick in round 4, curious as to why you have us picking two safeties so early. Solid pick in round 5 and 6, although I think Johnson goes in round 7 or as a UDFA. Scratch Rolle as he's going to Oxford, but I like the idea of drafting a punter to challenge Turk.
Thanks for responding

The reason I would like to see two S drafted is because we need more speed @ the S position & if we can get value in the 4th rd. that makes the pick that much better. Gilbert is a high energy guy. If he can play DE that would be great but he should be a real good UT if he cant play DE. This is why I had us picking two LB's that can rush the QB on 3rd down by putting their hand on the ground @ DE.

I like Johnson to compliment Slaton & probably took him a rd. higher than he should go but if their is a player out there that Smithiak likes it's better to take him a rd early than risk the guy getting drafted by another team.

Most of these players are good character guys & you know how much of a premium Smithiak puts on character.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote