Thread: 2009 mocks
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009   #23
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009 mocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57600

I really like Raji b/c he has great size and quickness, very good at stopping the run but possesses an uncanny ability to get in the backfield for a guy his size. I've read different different reports on his actual TFL and sacks for the season (nfldraftcountdown is on the high side of those). 16 TFL and 8 sacks, he's just overshadowed Brace.

Agreed Ron Brace would be a good pick up in 2nd/3rd... maybe even 4th? but, to me, he seems much more one dimensional than Raji.
Brace is not an option IMO. I dont see him getting drafted before the 5th round. He is pretty much just a big body. Doesnt get pushed back but that is about the extint of his abilities. We already have Okam for that.

Raji flat out dominates at times. Like I have said many times, I doubt he is still around at 15. If he is I cant imagine anyone else available that could make the impact for us that he could. For all those who want Haynesworth you need to watch some Raji highlights. He is like a young Hanesworth without the baggage. If we could draft him and get Peppers or Suggs in FA our DL would be set for years.

Of course this is assuming we get a DC that wants these type of plyers. I cant for the life of me imagine a coach that wouldnt want a 330 DT who can collapse the pocket and get to the QB.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote