View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004   #4
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man
...I do like how are schedule of non-division games plays to our favor this year ...
I'm not sure if I agree about our non-divisional games. I offer the following comments:

a) we have to play the four AFC West teams. Are we sure we want to play in KC and in Denver, but host San Diego and Oakland. KC and Denver are two of the more difficult places to play for a visiting team. The Jags hosts the Broncos and Chiefs and get to try a steal a road win at San Diego and Oakland; Gulp!

b) none of the northern teams on our schedule have to come to Houston and play in the heat here in September. On the other hand, we have to play in the snow in Chicago and New York in December. That won't help us get a road win. How will we feel if we miss the playoffs because we play on a skating rink in December? Gulp!

c) while we play the Raiders, the Vikings are resting (bye week). The next week, they play us. They are rested and it is our fifth game in a row after 4 pre-season, an exhibition and camp. Gulp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man
... we have a strong possibility of picking up 3-4 wins and gain some momentum prior to facing the AFC South grinder.
I agree that it is a huge benefit to have a late start in our division games, but going to the Titans after the Vikings will be tough. Gulp! It would have been better if it was after our bye week.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote