Originally Posted by steelbtexan
These players were projected by NFL Draft Scout in these rds or later. I will give 2 picks per RD One of them should be there when we pick. I will put the one I like the most 1st.
Rd1 Taylor Mays USC S Fast Hard hitting S we have always needed.
Vontae Davis ILL Fastest player in the draft can play CB-S somewhat of an attitude risk but the most talented all-around DB in draft
Rd2 Sintim LB VA. SAM that can drop down & rush the passer on 3rd down
Matthews LB USC playmaker can rush passer, USC best LB IMO
Rd3 Brace BC DT Big run stopper we've been lacking
J. Gilbert SJ St DT-DE Underrated I believe he can be pass rusher opposite MW & can play UT if we drop down a LB on 3rd down
Rd4 R. Johnson S ALA. Fast playmaking FS
E. Cook S South Car Hard hitting S dropped because Character concerns
Rd5 A. Parker G Tenn Can run fits ZBS like a glove
A. Kemp see above steal in the 5th
Rd 6 G.Johnson RB Colo St Big RB shifty good @ goal line & 3rd & short
Rd7 M. Rolle S Fla ST S Could be a steal if he decides to play once he finishes Rhodes Scholar
Chris Miller P Ball ST Great Leg can challenge Turk
Let the bashing begin
who knows which prospect the Texans target or whom will be availabe when for sure? but it does say alot about who you like & where you feel they might be selected, afterall thats what a persons mock (that they name after themself) is all about.
1) have no problem with Mays or Davis.
my pick now that he has declared is Penn State DE Aaron Maybin.
2) Sintim would be a solid pick. I like Clay but not this high, late 3rd maybe.
my pick DE Greg Hardy Ole Miss value/depth to Texans, underclassman.
3) Brace would be a great pick in 3rd. Texans should address DE early.
my pick Jeremiah Johnson, RB Oregon. Steve Slaton clone.
4) Cook/Johnson nice 4th round picks, likely already selected.
my pick unheralded North Carolina Safety Trimane Goddard
5) Anthony Parker is a good guard prospect. don't think much of Kemp.
my pick Antoine Caldwell, Alabama can play Center/Guard
6) Gartrell Johnson RB this late would be great pick
my pick P.J. Hill RB Wisconsin, brings some beef in short yardage situations 5-11 236
7) Not a bad rolle of the dice to take a chance on him I suppose this late?
my pick Mitch King DE Iowa high motor, hard worker solid depth guy
8) Chris Miller, punter? plenty of kickers undrafted free agents
my pick Sha'reff Rashad Safety Central Florida 6-0 195 good speed/athlete