View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario's Mock w/ explanation

I agree that there will/should be an emphasis on the defense this draft. I think the new Defensive Coordinator will have a key role in some of these picks- not the final say big he'll have a big word. At the end of the day, the pick will probably still go to the BPA, slightly skewed to certain positions.

I think it depends what kind of scheme the new DC, Kubiak and Smith want us to use. If we get a DC that's incredibly gifted with the secondary and uses/needs a versatile safety- I'd expect we'd try and focus on finding one of those early (Mays could easily go to N.O. or Denver). Or depending on how this scheme goes- we may need a certain kind of LB. I think most positions/players are open right now until we figure who that DC is, what he's going to do with our defense and what our defense lacks with what he wants to do. He may want a LB that can blitz better than one that's good in coverage, He may see everette brown available and say he's too good to pass up, I can easily fit him into a defense consistently where another DC may think, nope he doesn't fit. I'm really interested in this.

As far as Center goes, I'm with YTF. I want a true bonafide Center. Not a decent center and decent guard (1 player). I don't know enough about centers to tell you who would be better than who for us. However, I will say that I think the more this OL plays together, the better they will become.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote