Thread: New GBN Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New GBN Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Easy man. I wasn't calling you rude. I think Brown will go in the first round, as I stated. I think differently of him than you, and that is what makes a message board interesting. I think he is strictly a 3-4 OLB right now, and you are right, there is no point in arguing over what we think. I think it's great to pose some questions about the mock, but not to just rip it to shreds like that. I know that the guys from GBN don't work for a team, but they follow this more than anyone on the board including me by a good deal. That isn't to say their opinions are right or above anyone elses, but the time they put into research should be taken into consideration. I was agreeing with you on Maclin as well. Also, I do take this seriously; I'm a nerd like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I don't think this is a possible draft, and here is why with a few quick notes. First, you don't get to cherry pick. That is done the day after. Teams can't cherry pick. Mays would be a good pick. Brown would be a good pick at that range, though he will be a 3-4 OLB. Brown is, by all indications, going to go higher than that. Pretty much everyone else you have listed will go a round or so earlier than you have down. Also, Wilson will go higher than Round 7. He's a proven SEC QB from a successful program with a great coach.

I guess it just irks me that you call this a Texans mock. Call it a wish list, or a dream draft, or a cherry pickers fantasy. It kind of demeans what some of us actually try to do every year. It demeans what I hope to do for a living.

Last edited by mussop; 01-03-2009 at 04:29 AM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote