View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009   #18
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's Stupidly Early January Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
lets confine list to early version of Texans Board less top prospects off the board-

Greg Hardy, DE Mississippi 6-4 265
Jason Smith, OT Baylor 6-5 300
Duke Robinson, OG Oklahoma 6-5 335
Taylor Mays, S Southern Cal 6-3 230
Knowshon Moreno, RB Georgia 5-11 208
Brandon Pettigrew, TE Oklahoma State 6-6 260
Everette Brown, DE Florida State 6-4 252
Brian Cushing, OLB Southern Cal 6-4 255
Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma 6-6 262
Percy Harvin, WR Florida 5-11 195

Brandon Spikes, ILB Florida 6-3 245
Terrence Cody, DT Alabama 6-5 368 Isnt coming out
George Selvie, DE South Florida 6-4 252
Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR Maryland 6-2 206
Hakeem Nicks, WR North Carolina 6-1 210
Peria Jerry, DT Mississippi 6-3 295
William Moore, FS Missouri 6-1 226
B.J. Raji, DT Boston College 6-1 325
D.J. Moore, CB Vanderbilt 5-10 184
Clint Sintim, OLB Virginia 6-3 254
Alphonso Smith, CB Wake Forest 5-09 190

as you can imagine now he is not a top 15 prospect, to me, I could be wrong, its early, who knows for sure? things can change, starting with the new coaching hires, if, & I mean if the Texans go with a 3-4 coordinator B.J. Raji would zoom to top of the Texans board. its not that I don't like him its more like I see him as a natural 3-4 NT. in this scenero I would welcome him aboard
I doubt the ones bolded are on the texans board. I would be surprised if any of the underlined are. Of the ones left Raji is the player that would help the most IMO.

Im not trying to dissagree with you im just going by MY big board which I put together based on what I think the Texans needs and wants will be. The Texans already have shown that they are not afraid to take a player earlier than hes projected if he is atop of their board. They did it last year with Brown.

I have watched Raji a couple of times this year and he impressed me alot. You just dont see guys his size with that kind of quickness of the line. He also is extremely agile. He did a spin move in the game against Vandy that blew my mind. My bet is after the combine he will be the top DT and a sure fire top 15 player. Of cousre as you stated, I could be wrong its still early.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote