Thread: New GBN Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New GBN Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I've watched Rutgers play plenty of times and Britt wasn't even the most impressive WR on the team IMO. But I suppose he has good stats. The reason I pose these questions is to understand the choices better, not to be "rude".

As for Brown, we can argue all day about how well he will do in the NFL or what position he will play, but he will be a first rounder. I'll put a grand on that if you want to put money where your mouth is.

Also, I never said anything about Maclin being only a return man. I'm just confused as to why he is rated so high. I think he will be a good NFL player.

Having said what I said above, if dude does this for a living for a website, it doesn't mean much to me. If he were a scout for a team, then it would carry some weight. The fact that he does it for a living means absolutely nothing. I know plenty of people who suck at what they do for a living. Whoopdie doo.

Rude for me to do what now? Put up a few questions about the mock? You take this stuff too seriously. It's a mock draft, one of thousands. Chill your grill, and quit acting like you own this process of scouting.
Easy man. I wasn't calling you rude. I think Brown will go in the first round, as I stated. I think differently of him than you, and that is what makes a message board interesting. I think he is strictly a 3-4 OLB right now, and you are right, there is no point in arguing over what we think. I think it's great to pose some questions about the mock, but not to just rip it to shreds like that. I know that the guys from GBN don't work for a team, but they follow this more than anyone on the board including me by a good deal. That isn't to say their opinions are right or above anyone elses, but the time they put into research should be taken into consideration. I was agreeing with you on Maclin as well. Also, I do take this seriously; I'm a nerd like that.