Thread: New GBN Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New GBN Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Kenny Britt has been a legit first round prospect all year. He might slip to the second, but he is a legit WR prospect. He certinally isn't "no name". Everette Brown is a total preference pick. If they author of the mock looks at him as a 4-3 DE, there is no way he is a first round talent. I think he will go first round because of hype or get drafted by a 3-4 team and be ok. He is very much a boom or bust pick. I know you are a alum or something, but his chances to bust in the NFL are much higher than other prospects. He really only brings one thing to the table, and he has physical limitations.
I've watched Rutgers play plenty of times and Britt wasn't even the most impressive WR on the team IMO. But I suppose he has good stats. The reason I pose these questions is to understand the choices better, not to be "rude".

As for Brown, we can argue all day about how well he will do in the NFL or what position he will play, but he will be a first rounder. I'll put a grand on that if you want to put money where your mouth is.

Quote:
I agree about Maclin, what a joke. However, a team is probably going to fall in love with 4.3 speed only to find out he is a NFL return man being paid first round money.
Also, I never said anything about Maclin being only a return man. I'm just confused as to why he is rated so high. I think he will be a good NFL player.

Quote:
It's important to remember that this is someone's mock draft. They spent time doing this. GBN is an official site. They do this for a living...all year. Chances are that they know a little bit more than the average fan. If you don't know about Kenny Britt, then I think it's best to just learn some names at the least from these mocks. Everyone has different views on players and different projections, that is what makes each mock worth reading. It's also pretty rude to throw out your own mock draft into another person's thread. If you want your ideas for a draft to be looked at with more detail, start a new thread...we do have a section for that.
Having said what I said above, if dude does this for a living for a website, it doesn't mean much to me. If he were a scout for a team, then it would carry some weight. The fact that he does it for a living means absolutely nothing. I know plenty of people who suck at what they do for a living. Whoopdie doo.

Rude for me to do what now? Put up a few questions about the mock? You take this stuff too seriously. It's a mock draft, one of thousands. Chill your grill, and quit acting like you own this process of scouting.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 01-02-2009 at 06:12 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote