View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009   #15
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's Stupidly Early January Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I have a feeling that Rashad Jennings will be gone before we get to him. I like your choice in Shipley. I see the Texans drafting a QB in there somewhere as well as taking a Safety in the 2-3 round
Thanks!

Jennings is a tough one to figure out. I think the big name RB will be Shone greene and he will basically be the Combine climber. I think he will overshadow productive backs like Jennings. Also, the knock on Jennings is that he played at Liberty. Some people are going to wonder about his level of competition. As we have seen with Slaton, whenver someone starts to openly question a player, he tends to fall. The person who grabs him usually gets a steal.

I think Shipley would be a great pick because of his versatility. You could stick him on special teams, he can be your punt returner, he can be effective WR that has great hands. What I like about him is that he rarely fumbles the ball.

I am not that enamored with Jacoby Jones. He has great speed, but he makes questionable decisions. He fumbles the ball a fair amount as well. Shipley might not be as fast as Jones, but he is fast enough to break returns, has great hands, and can play multiple positions. He is the kind of guy you want on your team.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote