View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008   #28
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario's December Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Harrison is 187 soaking wet. The comparison is apt. Now whether or not Maklin can keep pace with Manning ?.....They don't need a one, they need a two who can strech the field. Maklin gives them that in spades. He compliments everything they already have. They draft Ulatokoski late as a back up for Tony Ugoh they're prety much set. DT in the second....they're done.

Kubes has been very good with the team needs over his own instincts. At some point he'll feed the bull dog.

Well if Jacoby Jones can't get over the hump....I've got Chase Daniels as a cheap option. Maklin would slam dunk the PR slot for the Texans...I'm thinking. I wouldn't do it. Kubiak might.

The report we're taking an upgrade at receiver came from some where in house.
Just because Maclin could take snaps or that he is a small framed guy, does not compare him in any way to Harrison. He doesn't compliment what they have. You just described Reggie Wayne. The hope was that the WR out of tOSU they drafted would eventually work his way into a similar role as Harrison. I just think you view things far too different than me to ever agree. I think sometimes we have the same concept, but just entirely different ways of getting it done. Also, why would you draft/pay Maclin to be a slam dunk PR guy when we have a really good PR man as it is. Even if Jacoby doesn't develop, he isn't a big cap hit. If Jacoby sees the field at WR, it's a bonus. He was a project, drafted accordingly. Maclin will be a project, and drafted above where he should be.

I'm not against Mizzou guys, but I watch a lot more of them than I would bet everyone else here. I would take Coffman and Witherspoon in a heart beat. I would take Moore in the second. Daniel has no place in the NFL. He's a turnover machine lately and he has some serious physical limitations. He isn't the next Brees. Daniel doesn't have near that level of arm, nor is his accuracy anywhere near NFL calibur.