View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008   #19
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario's December Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

Round1: Taylor Mays, FS, USC.

Round2: Everette Bown, DE, Florida State.

Round3: Max Unger, OC, Oregon.

Round4: Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty.

Round5: Roy Miller, DT, Texas.

Round6: Cedrick Dockery, OG, Texas.

Round7: John Parker Wilson, QB, Alabama.
I don't think this is a possible draft, and here is why with a few quick notes. First, you don't get to cherry pick. That is done the day after. Teams can't cherry pick. Mays would be a good pick. Brown would be a good pick at that range, though he will be a 3-4 OLB. Brown is, by all indications, going to go higher than that. Pretty much everyone else you have listed will go a round or so earlier than you have down. Also, Wilson will go higher than Round 7. He's a proven SEC QB from a successful program with a great coach.

I guess it just irks me that you call this a Texans mock. Call it a wish list, or a dream draft, or a cherry pickers fantasy. It kind of demeans what some of us actually try to do every year. It demeans what I hope to do for a living.