View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008   #12
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default Re: Steel B's December Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Rd1 Everette Brown DE Fla St Best pass rusher in draft. underrated versus run
Rd2 Ron Brace DT BC Big run stuffing DT High school wrestler
Rd3 Emmanuel S South Car. fast hard hitting playmaker
Rd4 Erick Wood C Louisville tough big C helps solidify the middle of OL helps red zone offense
Rd5 Gartrell Johnson Colo.St. Big RB Good hands lack of long speed causes him to fall to the 5th Rd He's the thunder to Slaton Lightning Colo. St. conection
Rd6 Henry Melton DE Tex. 4.65 speed Dev. DE you cant teach speed, new to position
Rd7 Josh Pinkard S USC Finally stayed healthy this year, Great ability falls because past injury concerns.

UDFA Brian Toal LB BC
Stephen McGhee QB TX A&M
Justin Brantley P TX A&M

FA Maroney RB is going to get cut by NE & played in ZBS in college
Mike Peterson versatile playmaking LB should come cheap because he was DelRio's scapegoat
Chris McAlister CB former pro-bowler cming off injury should come cheap instantly the best cover corner on team.

Go ahead & rip my thoughts or give feedback
I really like round 1, Everette Brown is an amazing pass rusher and has the potential to get bigger to be a legitimate 4-3 DE. Also a big fan of Ron Brace because he's the big body up front we need, although I would switch him and Emanuel Cook for the time being; Cook is a projected 2nd rounder while Brace is a projected 3rd rounder. As for Cook, it worries me that he has grade problems, but no doubt he's a talented safety. Not too familiar with Wood, so I can't comment on that pick. As for the 5th round, I like the player but think it's way too soon for Johnson. He had a great bowl game and has put up decent numbers, but I have a hard time believing anyone will draft him in the 5th round. Right now, I think it's safer to say that he's a 7th round pick. As for Melton, I think he's valued too high and would be better off as a UDFA pick. He's got potential and is an athlete, but his inexperience and arrest a year ago doesn't help. In round 7, I'm not sold on the player, but can understand the reasoning (the Matt Cassel effect). As for the UDFAs, Toal scares me because he broke his fibula. I don't like McGee at all at QB. Brantley would be a good UDFA to bring in to push Turk. Overall it's a solid mock, especially for this early in the draft season.