View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008   #3
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's December Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Rd1 Everette Brown DE Fla St Best pass rusher in draft. underrated versus run
Rd2 Ron Brace DT BC Big run stuffing DT High school wrestler
Rd3 Emmanuel S South Car. fast hard hitting playmaker
Rd4 Erick Wood C Louisville tough big C helps solidify the middle of OL helps red zone offense
Rd5 Gartrell Johnson Colo.St. Big RB Good hands lack of long speed causes him to fall to the 5th Rd He's the thunder to Slaton Lightning Colo. St. conection
Rd6 Henry Melton DE Tex. 4.65 speed Dev. DE you cant teach speed, new to position
Rd7 Josh Pinkard S USC Finally stayed healthy this year, Great ability falls because past injury concerns.

UDFA Brian Toal LB BC
Stephen McGhee QB TX A&M
Justin Brantley P TX A&M

FA Maroney RB is going to get cut by NE & played in ZBS in college
Mike Peterson versatile playmaking LB should come cheap because he was DelRio's scapegoat
Chris McAlister CB former pro-bowler cming off injury should come cheap instantly the best cover corner on team.

Go ahead & rip my thoughts or give feedback
OK, here goes....

I wouldn't mind Everette Brown in the 1st. They say he is undersized for a DE and fits an OLB in a 3-4, but the Colts run a 4-3 and Mathis is listed as 6'2", 245 lbs.

Brace in the 2nd is too high from what I've read. Walterfootball.com has him going in the 3rd or 4th round at this point in time. Another DT to keep an eye on in the 3rd is Dorell Scott from Clemson.

Emanuel Cook from S.C. would be a great pick, but he is moving up the boards and will probably be gone in the 2nd rd. from what I've been reading. So, if you swap him and Brace, it will even out. Cook is a bit undersized, at 5'10" and 203 lbs., but I hear he plays like Bob Sanders. Patrick Chung (SS) from Oregon is another one I'm hearing good things about.

Wood in the 4th could be a good pick. Not sure if he knows the ZB scheme, but Gibbs will get him up to speed.

Johnson sounds like a good pick, but you may be able to get him a lot lower or even as an UDFA. I don't see him listed on most of the draft web sites, but that could change as the Combine/Draft gets closer. He could be one of those finds Smith/Kubes gets later in the Draft or FA like Diles and Anderson.

Melton in the 6th I don't know anything about. His speed is good but how big is he? And, if you get Brown in the 1st, why would you get another DE when we have other needs?

Pinkard in the 7th could be a find but I'm hearing he has medical (Injuries) and legal (DUI) issues. I don't think the Texans will touch him.

UDFA's
Toal is another one that is injury prone from what I've read. McGhee has probably played his last game. I just don't think anyone will take him. Brantley is no Shane Lechler (sp?), but what the heck, it wouldn't hurt to give Turk some competition in camp.

FA's
Wasn't Maroney hurt this season? I just can't see them cutting him after taking him in the 1st rd a couple of years ago. But who knows? Don't know about the other 2.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote