View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008   #270
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyc85 View Post
So by calling us chokers your just making fun of a team you used to root for? That makes no sense. But even so it's not like that's what the Oilers were notorious for. The Browns and Bills are notorious for choking, the Oilers really weren't. At times they did but what team hasn't? Teams like the Vikings, Bengals and Eagles have all had teams better than those old Oiler teams were and people don't call them chokers. That wasn't the Oilers identity though.
Well it is like the saying, when something happens, It is always funny when it isn't you.

In this case, It wasn't funny when I saw the Oilers go to Denver and lost .. Stagger lee anyone?
Or when the defense pummeled Montana against the chiefs and only lose the game still

or the infamous game in Buffalo.

Those weren't funny at the time , but Bud decided what he had to do. Now my memory isn't as good as others (as Texan bills recollection on a post above).. The fans that lived in Houston got a front row seat to it all, I was in living in central texas for some of that time and West Texas for the rest of it, so I didn't get all the info of what was going on with the city and Bud, just small reports in the paper (cowboys country)

.. What I can remember is Bud had Houston revamp the Astrodome, take the score board down and add seats (no problem with that), and a few seasons later, he wants a new stadium , then dangles the threat of the move to Jacksonville and tries to hold the city hostage over that. Then Houston fans get a bad wrap for no one really coming to the games on that last season in Houston.. Well I wouldn't support an owner that announced before the season has started, that no matter what, the team was moving.. Why would anyone want to go and support the owner?

View points change and bad blood develops

I have no ill feelings for the players that were Oilers and then moved to possum holler

Now when the Texans came to town, winning seasons or not, it is always good to beat the Titans (when we actually do)

I still hate the Steelers from the Oilers' days.. but with every loss to the Titans stings and with things going lately on players talking smack to Schaub and questionable hits.. I enjoy it when the Titans lose
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote