View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008   #245
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyc85 View Post
I'll assume you would say the same thing to Imatexan who does the same thing on our board.
I don't read your board and have no desire to step my virtual foot in the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Lol ... in a thread called "Titans are a classless team"
Perhaps I was a bit harsh during this festive holiday season.....but on second thought, naaaaaah, not at all.

When perp comes in here - a thread titled "Titans are a classless team" at that - and starts running virgin smack...do I really need to elaborate?

Is the irony lost here?

And let's clear something up here that seems to be a bit of misconception on the part of certain Titans fans (obviously excluding those of you that followed the Oilers and became Titans fans).

This is the difference between shared memories and franchise records.

We are Houston football fans - the key word here being HOUSTON - and we have a shared past full of memories that we lived and breathed. Our bond with the old Houston Oilers players and the moments shared between us are MEMORIES. These are memories that forged relationships, for many of us grew up during the era of Luv Ya Blue watching our parents go crazy with the football spirit and it is something that is the foundation for our love of football. When we get to meet and greet those old players - who are annually honored by the Houston Texans - there is a shared affection. Their face lights up as much as ours does at meeting them, and the glimmer in the eyes from everyone says it all.

These memories are not something that your fat piece of crap owner can ever take away, and they are something that we Houston fans refuse to allow you carpetbaggers to tarnish!

Most Titans fans have absolutely no memories of that past. All they have is franchise records, which are nothing more than stats on paper/screen. They do not convey the message of the experiences. Sure, they can purchase a Luv Ya Blue t-shirt at the Titans online store, but what does that mean to them? A pithy slogan? Some archaic saying that Slug Adams is trying to dry-hump all the way to the bank? Tennessee fans did not experience the reality of it. All they get is the leftovers from that period. Even some of the Oiler greats do not acknowledge Tennessee or the Titans as a team that they relate to, regardless of 'franchise records' or business continuity within a franchise.

So you want to come into OUR forum and disrespect those memories? We can make fun of your franchise records all we want. We experienced them firsthand. But don't be so small-minded as to confuse memories with records. They are two completely different subjects, and one you can have and the other you will never have. Can you figure out which is which?