View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008   #220
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
At least Houston got it's own team and didn't have to steal one away from other fans. Sure, the fans have to wait longer for success rather than being handed a team that was already built, however it should be worth it in the long run.
Exactly. I'm not the type of sports fan who jumps from team to team or just decides to be a fan of a team for some arbitrary reason. I guess I'm a traditionalist in this regard--your team is decided for you by geography or by blood.

If Houston acquired an NFL castoff, I would not be a fan of that team because I would not buy into lie of stealing another city's sports identity.

I'm confident many Titans fans in Tennessee feel the same way deep down even if they won't say it aloud. They know they stole an identity and a legacy that is not rightfully theirs.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote