View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008   #219
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Great, thanks for asking. I have many fond memories watching Houston's three pro sports teams (and our semi-pro Phi Slama Jama bunch) during my childhood and teen years. I could also tell you many great stories about the awesomeness of living in Austin since 1989, but you'd just be jealous and might consider moving here. I'm not even forty yet so taking a swing at my age is damn funny. My point is the same point Texan Bill has made here: you have no legitimate claim to the Houston Oilers. Being a lifelong fan of a team is about identity. You can rightly claim a stake to the identity of the Tennessee Titans from 1999-present, but you have no basis for making any statements about OUR OILERS. They were ours, not yours. We wore the derrick and the Columbia blue, we waved those pom poms in the Dome, we welcomed the team back from the devastating losses in Pittsburgh, we screamed our lungs out for Earl Campbell, we winced every time Dan Pastorini took a hit on those broken ribs, we suffered through the Hugh Campbell years and the Buffalo Debacle and the Joe Montana playoff game....you did none of this. You have no right to this history, let alone any authority to tell us otherwise.

To this day, I still cannot believe we blew this game. We finally had homefield and a bye, and the strongest team ever assembled. Sigh. Jack Pardee. Double sigh.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote