View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008   #208
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan3801 View Post
Ha, why don't you just go ahead and call me a "whippersnapper" and tell me how things were in your day? My point is simply that if you're going to claim Oiler's history as former "die hards," it's pretty contradictory to then bash the Oilers. Sure makes you great fans..
We don't really bash the Oilers as much as we bash Dud. I have yet to see one post bashing Earl, Dr. Doom, Elvin, etc.. The closest I've seen anyone bash an Oiler player was Moon and that was a criticism of his inability to win in big games - not a bash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan3801 View Post
Fans hating on other fans is always an interesting phenomenon to me. Claims that others aren't real fans, especially when the person making the claim has little or no personal knowledge of the person that they're making the claim against. It really is a fantastic accomplishment that you're old, and that you've been following professional sports in your city for a long time. I'm very impressed. I grew up in a city without an NFL team. I was thrilled to get the team, and have been an avid follower ever since. As to Houstonians being the real "seed sowers" of the franchise, that's wonderful, but maybe if Houstonians had been a little better supporters they could have kept their own team. Bud found a city with people who wanted an NFL team enough to financially support it. You can call us suckers all you want, but it won't change the fact that because we paid for it, we have the Titans, while you're stuck with the Texans. And as someone else said, you can't compare the Texans to the Titans, the Titans are just better.
Comprehension is not one of your better suits, eh?? This has been discussed ad naseum. It's called corporate welfare. Reply when you get your facts straight.