View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008   #194
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan3801 View Post
Bud isn't the Titans. You can't have it both ways, and support the oilers, but bash the Titans for the oilers history. I'll take it either way.

In the first ten years of the Titans' history, we accomplished all of the above. You are statistically incapable of matching them in the next three years, even if we don't add to them, which it looks like we will.
I can have it anyway I want it. The Houston Oilers existed from 1960 to 1996. I supported the Oilers players who played their hearts out for this city, i.e. Earl, Dante, Elvin, Dr. Doom etc. I can bash the Titans for the reason stated; Dud "the Bad Rug" Adams.

It's not as simple as saying the first 10 years of the Titan's history. If I remember correctly (and I do) players like Bruce, Steve McNair, Eddie George, Blaine Bishop, and coach Jeff Fisher were all Houston Oilers, therefore many of those pieces were already in place prior to the move.