View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008   #193
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87440 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Just for the record, I didn't say the Titans fans were classless (actually the ones I have met are too darn nice). At least the ones outside of Texas that is. I don't know where that got lost in this thread.

The entire point of my initial post was the team is classless, or at least certain players. Like I said in an earlier post I wouldn't have thought twice if I saw a fan in the stands stomping on a Terrible Towel. However seeing players doing some kind of ceremonial dance on it on the sidelines was ridiculous. I know they haven't ever won anything before however they can at least act like it.

Of course there have been other actions on and off the field by certain players that make me draw this conclusion also. Butterworth's stomping on a players head, his comments about injuring opposing team's QBs, Finnegan's dirty hits, etc.
It got lost in the usual barrage of insults that often fly towards Titans fans about their teeth or marrying habits. Guess Bud still does that.

Anyways, I'm done venting. On the issue of the towel stomp?

The love of the stinking dish rag always escaped me. Yeah White and Scaife were childish....but I kinda understand it. 12-2 and a 3 point underdog at home? All the talking heads extoling the virtues of the Steeler D and barely uttering a word about the Titans...

The level of disrespect the team has gotten all year has given them a huge chip on their shoulder. 10-0 start? Fluke and an easy schedule. Jets win? Told you so, they're overrated. Texans win? Peaked too early, the run for Collins is over. Other teams always considered a bigger championship threat, and even yesterday, I watched ESPN's talking heads still refuse to give the Titans that 'favorite' mantle, appointing the Colts and Steelers as co-faves. (saying PIT would not lose twice to TEN, even though the Titans have owned the Steelers at LP and will have Al and KVB back next time) So I guess that the players, the ones that read the newspaper or watch ESPN, were ready to let out their emotions after they punked the Steelers. WTF does the team have to do? I guess we both know the answer. Win the whole frigging thing.

In a sense, I'm glad the media has refused to give the Titans much respect. They keep that ammo for the playoffs and maintain the chip on their shoulder you saw at the end of Sunday's game.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote