View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: why the effff is the blue crew not up for this award?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
I'll be honest here, I'm not bothered at all that we were left off the poll. It's nice to be recognized, but I'm not going to lose sleep if we're not. We've always done our thing, and we always will. The reasons for our tailgating are many, and not one of them is for recognition in an online poll or any publication for that matter.

Over the years we have had thousands of visitors to our tailgates. Some were out of town fans, others included Houstonians, opposing team's fans, and even some from overseas. Each time I meet someone new at our tailgates they've said the same thing: What a great time they had, and a big thank you. Many of those former guests are now part of the "Blue Crew" and every year we continue to grow.

The recognition that means the most to me is in the the words of gratitude and smiles on guests & regulars that stop by and see us throughout the football season. To them, I say: "You're always welcome."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Well said, little buddy! I always knew there was something I liked about you.

David and I recently were talking about this very same thing. Over the years, some of our group has strayed for family reasons or some have moved away and even though we miss them we have been blessed by other fantastic people with each new tailgate.

We really have a great thing going.
Well stated guys!!!