View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mayocks top 20 seniors for the 2009 draft.

If Brown keeps getting beat by pass rushers but he's doing well in the running game, it seems to me he may fit better at RT or RG. Him and Winston run blocking next to each other could be really really good. Defenses may have to concentrate on that side and it would open up the left side of the field. Keep AJ on the left and that would draw a safety over there. Field should be open short left and deep right all day long

Lots of top tackles this year and we're picking in the top half. Wouldn't be surprised if there's one available to us with other top talent needing to go like Curry, Orakpo, Jenkins, etc. Maybe we could use a player we have as some bait to move up to grab one. What player? good question.

I really want a studly defense and we need tons of help on that side, but the one thing you CANT do is ignore protecting your QB. I get the notion of drafting Gibbs/Kubiak guys late in the draft but how long will it take for them to develop and how much longer are we going to gamble with Schaub staying healthy?

If Schaub has the protection and time to let the play develop, our offense is virtually unstoppable. The only way to win when your defense is giving up 30 pts/game is for your offense to say "thanks... we'll just score 40"
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 12-22-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote