View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008   #75
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
last I heard the Houstonians had no use for it. As it has been explained to me they were fed up beyond the point of caring. I suppose they could have fought for it and reincarnated their team in a Modellian fashion. I would have no qualms with an expansion Titans team while franchise history, Oil Derricks, and records remained in Houston for a future franchise. That just is not what Houstonians and Bob McNair opted for. Rather they reinvented another AFL name with a clean slate. Precedent was there. The Oilers did not have to "die". Houstonians let Bud Adams "kill" their team. Titan fans just happen to be the caretakers of the grave.
Sad but true. I would have much rather kept our old name and Oiler traditions, but they weren't fought for and Bud crept away with all of it.

I love the new traditions that have been born as well, but winning would make it much more enjoyable.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote