View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008   #71
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Why the hell couldn't Houston keep the Oilers history? Maybe we Bud goes to hell, we can do something about it (keep the history, but the hell with the rest).
last I heard the Houstonians had no use for it. As it has been explained to me they were fed up beyond the point of caring. I suppose they could have fought for it and reincarnated their team in a Modellian fashion. I would have no qualms with an expansion Titans team while franchise history, Oil Derricks, and records remained in Houston for a future franchise. That just is not what Houstonians and Bob McNair opted for. Rather they reinvented another AFL name with a clean slate. Precedent was there. The Oilers did not have to "die". Houstonians let Bud Adams "kill" their team. Titan fans just happen to be the caretakers of the grave.