If the Steelers and Titans meet in the playoffs, remember one simple equation:

Ben Roethlisberger > Kerry Collins

Back to topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If the Steelers and Titans meet in the playoffs, remember one simple equation:

Ben Roethlisberger > Kerry Collins

Back to topic:
Although Collins was the primary reason the Titans lost to the Texans ( threw very late to very open receivers on crucial downs, four or more times) overall this year, Collins has been much more effective. For example, Roethlisberger has been pretty mistake prone this year; Collins has been pretty solid in that regard. Both of these teams have extremely strong defenses, so both are viewing the QB role as more as a caretaker for both teams, so Roethlisberger has definitely playing his role poorly, whereas Collins is playing that role solid. With that approach I somewhat disagree and I still would like to see Young, thinking it would open up Chris Johnson even more, because defenses would be more porous up front having to contain Young on the sides, but Collins is playing the caretaker role well and if the Titans defense remains dominate, Collins is more than capable of getting it done. I am just worried about pressure on him but with Chris Johnson’s big play ability, defenses can not be too overly aggressive because one missed tackle or player out of position and he can score from anywhere and if a defense can not get QB pressure with its front four, which is hard against the Titans offensive line, Collins might not face too much pressure.

Last edited by 9nines; 12-22-2008 at 11:03 AM.
9nines is offline   Reply With Quote