View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titan fan's thoughts about AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for the Texans, but I think circumstances have a lot to do with what happened this season. When Ike hit Houston after Week 1, I wrote in my blog that we would look back at it as what killed our season, and I think that's exactly what happened.

Before he got hurt:
We got our heads kicked in by Pittsburgh (possibly the best team in the league). (He played like crap. No defense here)
Schaub had TWO TDs dropped against Tennessee. This one's not on Schaub.
Schaub lead the team on a game-tying drive in Jacksonville. Schaub did all he could. Our defense blew it.
Sage blew the Indy game.
Schaub lead the team on a game-winning drive against Miami.
Edged out Detroit
Pummeled Cincy
Got hurt against Minnesota

Then after he came back, what? A FOUR game winning streak - including another game-winning drive against Green Bay in their building.

So this season Schaub has started nine games. In those nine, he's lead the team on TWO game-winning drives, and one game-tying drive. I'd say that's definite improvement on the past, and most important - he's proved himself as a WINNER with those late-game drives. Something our QBs have never been capable of.
Agreed. If he can stay on the field, this time next year he will be putting up great numbers and leading this team to a lot more W's....the dude is a gamer. Book it.

Hey BA, curious to know how the ball got in AJ's hands for all those receptions and yards...those weren't direct snaps you know. If the QB play make the difference then we would have seen the same with HWSNBN, not to take anything from AJ because he IS the best WR in the league, it's not even close.