View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008   #35
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: why the effff is the blue crew not up for this award?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
My e-mail to John Mcclain......

I am really ashamed that the Chronicle would do a poll on tailgating and not even include the Platinum Lot! The Blue Crew has hosted dignitaries from all over the world and fans from every team with most of them coming back for more fun. We have welcomed with open arms friends of sports writers and players never accepting payment (we have had many offers) from anyone for the experience. We pick up out of town visitors and make sure they are back safely to their hotels.

We may not have commercial sponsorship but that is what makes the Blue Crew special. It is a growing family of friends that make it work.

John, I would not expect the Blue Crew to win such an award because of the lack of sponsorships but I would expect the Chronicle to at least put us in the discussion and not act as if the Platinum lot does not exist.

To top it off, the Chronicle also stiffed the Ragin Bull Tailgate, also in Platinum! Ragin Bull and Blue Crew have been featured in Tailgating Monthly Magazine.

http://www.tailgatermonthly-digital.com/tailgatermonthly/200812/?pm=2&zin=165&u1=texterity&sub_id=fcnuGBLwK8KY&pg= 16&z=82

How many tailgates in Houston can say that?

What a sham!! What a shame!! I expected more from you, John.

Tedc
FILO was the first group to make it to the Tailgater of the Year...twice.
ORANGE LOT RULES!!! (I had to say that)

But for real, each lot needs to be represented to be a true poll. No matter who has the most sponsorship and cash (hey, thats how you win)...every larger and more well-known tailgate should be included.
PS- Thank you for forgetting us A-M...thats how we roll now. Keep the Hollywood stuff in Blue (not Platinum, because they didn't make the poll...gotta love me Ted!). We who are not mentioned are the tailgates that have the most fun.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote