View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally see where CaptainPatriot is coming from. I also think Infantrycak makes a good point about the Texans not being all offense with their 1st rounders. As for myself the only offensive player I'd be interested in at 13 (or above) is Benson. I think that's the sort of pick that reaps rewards not only for your offense but it helps keep your defense on the sidelines a little longer which has been a problem here for as long as we've existed.

Aside from Benson or one of the other big 3 running backs I like the first rounder to go for defense. We don't need someone opposite AJ this season, we need to protect our QB long enough for him to start looking at the rest of his recievers.

Seriously, Carr's #2 reciever could be a hybrid cyborg made from parts of Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, and Lynn Swann and it wouldn't make any difference as long as Carr looks at his first option and then Domanick Davis.

We don't "need" a WR just like we don't need a QB or anymore CB's. We could take one but it's not a need.

Benson makes more of an impact with this team than anyone else I can see available. If not Benson then DJ (both surely requiring a trade up). If that isn't gonna happen then I say CaptainPatriot sounds pretty smart and lets go get some D-line help.