Thread: Say Goodby to-
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008   #23
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Say Goodby to-

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
9-7 record is going to be early 20's. the Texans need to select bpa or trade down. take Duke Robinson for instance, who is to say not bpa #20-#23?

Can the Texans EXPECT to be as lucky without suffering injurys on the OL which is a big reason why the running & passing game has been so good of late?

Folks, fellow Texans fans, the Texans not only need to upgrade positions they still need to upgrade depth. By addressing OL in the 1st in back to back years, as crazy as it sounds, is not such a bad thing. addrerssing OL (RG) is a twofer, you get a starting upgrade while increasing depth helping Gibbs game plan for continued improvement. Unfortuante injury happens in the NFL, versatiltiy & flexability are key to winning late into the season/postseason. watching those Steeler or Giant teams poor OL performance it only takes one hit to finish Eli or Ben for the postseason if they're not more careful, I'm shocked how poor they are when they loose a starter on the OL, meaning even they don't have adequate depth. I would not bet anything but feel their playoff hopes are riding on luck & hope with franchise QB's in peril. lets build this thing right from the inside out & not fall into the same trap while we still have the chance. taking the premium interior OL later in the 1st rd. is a sound strategy. Duke Robinson, is an elite player that will be key to improving the Texans now & down the road. I'd be thrilled to draft him before other teams GM's/owners come to their senses & address key building block over a shiny new toy

end of
I have been saying this for awhile now. Its why I added these names to the list.
Alex Mack, C
B.J. Raji, DT,
Jason Smith, OT
Russell Okung, OT

Build from inside out. If the BPA is an OL then so b it. Schaub has shown if given time he can lead this team. We all know about his injury history. eeping him healthy is paramount to our success. I really like the idea of adding Mack. He is the kind of player that will start right away and play for the next 10 - 12 years at a high level.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote