Thread: Good Job ...
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Good Job ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Where do you come up with this stuff? The Titans fans didn't hijack a franchise or steal a team. Lol!

The Houstonians were given a vote on a new stadium and they knew that the alternative would be our football team leaving. We voted no, so Adams left. Part of the equation was the fault of the voters who didn't want to pony up for the new stadium. Bud Adams is and always will be a piece of garbage, but there was an ultimatum and Houstonians voted against keeping the team.

Hating the fans for accepting a team is stupid. If Houston didn't have a team and another team wanted to come here, then I'm sure Houstonians would have gladly accepted the team the same way that people in Nashville did.

your rant here doesn't make any sense man.
Nobody in Houston was given a vote on anything. You would know that if you had any idea what you were talking about where this is concerned. This article neatly sums up the event.

http://www.fee.org/publications/the-...e.asp?aid=3344

People who were actually paying attention to all of this while it was happening will remember the words "exclusive right to negotiate" and scratch their heads and look at you funny when you tell them that they failed to vote for the "Build The Bud Dome" proposition. That's because there wasn't one.

RIF

Additionally I have no problem hating the city of Nashville for stepping in and spreading wide for Bud. I have no problem hating their fans who act like Houstonians were to blame for the Oilers departure and that the franchise was somehow deprived of affection and support until it lucked out and landed in Possum Holler. When Houston didn't have a team I would never have supported going out and trying to lure a franchise from another city here. I have no respect for anyone who would.

But mostly I hate their fans because they're frequently arrogant dicks well on their way to matching Cowboys fans egos (only without a trophy to wave in your face which makes them even more ridiculous)