View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFLDC Mock Draft Update (12/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think a big play S and a run stuffing DT are two highly important positions we need. From what I've seen, it doesn't really seem like this coaching staff is looking for a marquee kind of safety. I generally want us to complete our team by building the trenches strong- working from the inside out, but if a certain safety comes along I'll be happy with that. Landry ('07) has really been the only safety recently that I would have looked at early in the draft. Surprisingly, I haven't seen enough of Mays to have a confident opinion of him. USC is on tv all the time but I always seem to miss their game.

The S position is so hard for the casual fan, like me, to scout. Often, the aren't shown on TV until the very end of the play. The most important thing in a S for our team is their ability to react to the QB and the play. To see the play develop before it actually does and make the proper read/take the proper angle. I have been underwhelmed by our safeties' abilitiy to do this. I think if we can get a safety that can properly read an offense and has the athletic ability to cut the pass off, it would do WONDERS to our defense.

Mays has really been hyped up a lot, so it's natural for fans to try and tear him down. I think a DE like Orakpo will be gone, OLB like Curry will be gone, wouldn't mind a true #1 CB but we have a conglomerant (sp) of cb-talent back there that we may get by another year or two and see how they develop.

I think we gotta take the BPA at our pick, and really concentrate it on defense. I hope we pass on pure potential this year and grab a guy that has the football instincts/heart to make our team better. We gotta get a playmaker this year. And I'm thinking that big DT or S would have the most immediate impact.
Agree.

I think Raji is our best choice in the 1st round. I don't think Mays will make it to our pick and I'm not all that impressed with Moore.

Then I like one of the three safeties I mentioned earlier for our second round pick.
Kam Chancellor - Virginia Tech
Patrick Chung - Oregon
Emmanuel Cook - South Carolina
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote