View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFLDC Mock Draft Update (12/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I think we are in fine shape even if we keep winning. If we end 9-7 (fingers crossed) I still see us picking right around 15. There are a ton of teams that are poised to win 10 games this year that put them behind us. For anyone that roots for our draft position just hope that all the 9 win teams out there right now win 1 more game.

As for Taylor Mays I would like that pick a lot. He doesn't have the gaudy stats but he does his job and then some for that defense. People cannot throw long on USC and he is a big part of that. If you look at that defense as a whole none of the guys are having big stat years but its probably the most talented defense in the nation and it is, I believe, the most statistically dominant. Other teams don't go on long drives against them, there are only so many tackles to be made, only so many passes to defend etc. The best players on that defense, Mays, Mauluga, Cushing, are going to be good in the NFL IMO.
USC definitely has the best defense in college football. Over half their players will probably be first day picks.

The problem I have with Mays is that he has the ability to do so much more than he does. He plays lazy.

Maybe he is bored when playing against inferior opponents. Maybe he feels like he doesn't have to do as much because he is surrounded by so much talent. For whatever reason he does it, I don't like it.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote