View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFLDC Mock Draft Update (12/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
To be honest, I don't think we can afford to draft a guy like Mays based on his potential.

We need guys that have proven it on the field in college. We may sacrifice some athletic ability with a draft strategy like that, but at least we know what we will be getting.

Take a LB like Cushing, a DE like Brown, or a DT like Raji in the first.

The take a safety like Chung, Cook, or Chancellor in the second.

I would be pretty damn happy with that.
I agree to an extent, but we have had a problem with our safties being athletic enough. This is a slightly less productive Sean Taylor. The ability is there, and at times, athleticism has to be a bigger factor than you are allowing it to be. If the safties can't get to the ball at the NFL level, then it doesn't matter what they can do with the man in front of them. I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of Mays, but he has to be properly considered.