Thread: Say Goodby to-
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Say Goodby to-

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
yes, it's time to move on. I'm sick & tired of having a Top 10 pick cause that means Texans suck. now we can focus on football players straight up who fill most pressing roster needs. Guard/Center OL. OLB who can pass rush/run stop/cover. CB always a need. FS playmaker.
I agree. I hope we never have a top 5 pick again and top 10 is quickly becoming just as expensive. I'd like us to focus on fundamentally sound FOOTBALL players where all they do is go out and play real football. In my opinion, we need to move measurables and 'upside' down a bit on the list.

I don't think we have a team yet where drafting a player with the hopes in a couple years he will progress into a great football player is a smart move. I think you can afford to do that after you already have a good football team and can let that player develop, get some game time experience and rotate him in and out. The last couple years and the next 1-2 should be guys that can play every single down. Hasn't happened in the past and I don't really expect anything to change.

All I know is I am (i) tired of seeing Schaub getting his head caved in and (ii) a 'lazy' looking defense. I want to see a mean D that gets after the ball carrier and hits the crud out of people.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote