View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey J-Man, thanks for the great info (and in great detail, I might add), 'bout
Cass. I was somewhat familiar with his resume and success with the Redskins.
And you know what, they really miss him in the D.C. area. Last year, my wife
and I were taking a "Gray Lines" bus tour while in Boston and I ran into a guy
on the bus that I'd played ball with in college. I don't want to tell you how long ago that was, but the guy and his family had been in the D.C. area for
many, many years and they were big Redskin fans. When he found out we lived in Houston, he and his wife got green with envy 'bout us landing Cass as our GM ! He said everyone there was really upset when Snider came in
and fired him (along with everyone else, as I recall). They just went on and on
'bout what a great GM he'd been for Washington and practically guaranteed us he would make the Texans winners in short order.
What I was talking 'bout in my post was measuring his success in picking personnel "since he's been here in Houston". In my humble opinion, I've got
some reservations 'bout several of his picks. But as I said, we're gonna know in the next couple seasons if he's still got the kinda ability that he had in Washington.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote