Thread: 09 Mock Draft
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008   #65
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 09 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
interesting the national perception of Texans #1 need is DE not DT. you & others who understand internal dynamics a bit more feel a run plugger in the middle trumps the DE, either that or feel Raji is better value. I honestly don't know, thats what we're all about to find out over the next four months
As you know from my December Mock, I took DT first. I liked Raji in that role because I see him as a complete 4-3 DT. He is big enough to be a space eater, atheltic enough to collapse the pocket, and stout enough against the run. I also think he helps Okoye and Mario because if you need to constantly double team him, who will not get single coverage? If you put one man on Mario, he will get pressure. If you do the same to Okoye, he will get pressure. Even if we had a situational pass rusher opposite Mario like Bulman, he would benefit from a Raji type. In my mind, he can improve those positions, plus help our DBs. In my mind the bigger need is DT not DE.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote