View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008   #28
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout In. Top 32 - 12/5/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Also drafting currently in the 13 position we've dropped away from many of the elite players unless someone falls and the only really good players that I can see being picked in the teens that we might be interested in are Mays, Curry, or Vontae Davis. Since we've been winning games and dropping in the draft position it really makes trading down for extra picks look much better. Picking up an extra 3rd and possibly 4th round pick would be really nice in such a deep draft year.
I always view that as a plus. With top money being paid through #8 (Hardy) last year, anything in the top 10 and your not only choosing a high risk/high reward player- but your putting a lot of money on that bet. We saw a couple trades (N.O. and JAX) but I think teams are going to be VERY hesitant to do that. Harvey and Ellis were both highly coveted players and havn't really looked outstanding to say the least. Teams aren't going to be as willing to pay that top money as they used to. I see picking outside the top 10 as a real positive b/c your going to have options of real solid players, some 'elite' guy may drop and it could tempt other teams. Picking at #18, we saw a good deal come through but that WAS a trade for a QB- unlikely this year. I think the 1st and 2nd round are going to be flooded with really good talent.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote