Originally Posted by steelbtexan
Daniels, Ryans, (Robinson to a 4 year contract that can be gotten out of after 2 years if DR doesn't return to form), Ferguson
1. McAlister former probowl CB that can play S should come cheap because he is coming off minor knee surgery
2. Rhodes Is very effective in short yardage for the Colts
3. Mike Peterson Is a team captian who Del Rio scapegoated IMO. He is very productive & hasn't had injury problems in 2 years. Would be a steal IMO.
Draft I would trade an 09 4th & a 10 4th for an 09 3rd.
Let the bashing begin
rd1 Raji DT BC We need top stop the run
rd2 Hardy DE Miss I think he will fall due to injury concerns. Pass rusher we need
rd3 Brace DT BC We need to stop the run. This shows we're serious about it.
rd3 Harris SS Okla. Big atheletic saftey who is available only because this years draft is so deep @ S. Oklahoma S play early.
rd.5 Byars C-G USC Great technician who fits the ZBS like a glove. He falls because of injury history but has been healthy this year.
rd6 Ayers DE Tenn. Pass rusher who falls because of past arrest. Nothing major. Great talent has drawn double teams all year. I also like Melton alot.
rd7 McGee QB TexA&M Strong arm, mobile, smart Kubes does Sherman a favor
1. Brian Toal LB BC fast hard hitting LB who also was A great short yardage RB @ BC. He is only available becaue of injuries
2. Brantley P TexA&M We will be lucky if he isn't drafted
Agree Daniels and Ryans are no brainers to extensions but Dunta is going to be a saga I think. I think both sides would greatly benefit from a one year deal to see if Dunta returns to full form and then he can hit the big payday with us or someone else.
Smith needs to go and I think that alone will have a big impact on how this defense comes out the gates next year and how we develop talent on OUR roster. Hoke needs to be shown the road as well. Bobby Grier needs to carry Hoke's bags out.
1. Right team wrong position. Should be looking at Suggs. Not to pick on you but why does it seem like the fan base here likes the idea of taking a CB and plugging them in at Safety? How about getting or drafting a guy that ....... plays safety?
2. Rhodes wasn't anything special in Oakland.... though that isn' t saying much. Would prefer looking at Derrick Ward from the Giants. JJ Arrington might be worth a look as well.
3. Mike Peterson would be a nice steal. Channing Crowder maybe. As per NFL reports looks like the Saints are going to wait on resigning Johnathon Vilma. Don't think they'll let him slip but if he's enticed....it'd make for a heck of a LB corps.
1.Seen a lot of people asking for Raji. I kind of disagree I think our Tackles have been used wrong. Barring us signing someone who can make a difference at LB in FA if we do go defense 1st round that's the best value. There should be some good ones to pick from. I'm in the mind we should take Duke Robinson and help seal up the interior line of our offensive line. Our offense is much further along then the defense and I think we're a player away on the Oline from them being able to carry this team until the defense picks it up.
2. If we went LB we need to address the interior of the line and even if we did get an OL in the first if Alex Mack drops into our laps we should take him. DE Hardy like you suggested might be here and I wouldn't be opposed to him. We need someone who can contribute on either side of the ball.
3.If we don't get Mack, Caldwell from Alabama would be a great pick. Shonn Green would be good here as well.
Beyond here I am not really sure. Maybe Arian Foster drops to the fourth.I'm not opposed to your picks beyond here.