View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's Stupidly Early Draft Thoughts for December

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
ask & you shall receive
Thanks Buddy! I always appreciate your thoughts. To answer a question, yes, the assumption was made that Rick Smith made a similar deal to last year's

1. I am thinking they go BPA. I think that Raji makes so much sense because it frees up Amobi to play his actual position and allows less pressure on Mario. Plus he is incredibly stout on run defense and can occupy on passing plays. They may not go this way, but they should becuase he helps us yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

2. I have no idea if Everette will be available here, but I think it could definitively happen. At one point last year Calais Campbell was a top ten talent. Then he was a top 15, then a sure fire first rounder. In the end he went in the second. It is very possible he is the guy that peaks too early and starts to get over scrutinized.

3. Thanks, yeah I like Caldwell too. It will be amazing to see how different our Oline looks without him.

4. Yeah, two thirds and I think that Shone Green might go late second/early third leaving Jennings for us in the third.

5. I havent seen enough out of Brink to think he is ready as a backup let alone a starter. I do think that Bomar can be either.

6. Yeah, we could go with a blocking TE too, but i felt that MJ was too good not to take. At this point you go BPA and i felt MJ was that.

7. Always good to have another Gibbs ZBS tackle. Can't get enough of them!

8. He is someone that would be great on Special teams. He actually would not surprise me if he played his way into the DL rotation.

Thanks for the comments!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote