View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008   #20
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout In. Top 32 - 12/5/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Greenwood, I understand, but Weaver has been playing well lately, much better than I've seen him play in a Texans uniform; I've actually seen him in the backfield regularly, not something I'm used to seeing in Weaver. I'm not sure what the rest of his contract is worth, but I'm not sure buying a replacement is a better option right now.
I agree. Weaver has totally redeemed himself. Granted, he is expensive for what he does, but what he does - playing the run - he does very well. He makes a good first and second down LDE for us. I wouldn't extend him beyond his contract, but I wouldn't cut him either. Plus, for all the whining you hear for the lack of winning experience on this team, Weaver's winning experience on a very accomplished Baltimore defense seems to be overlooked.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote