View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout In. Top 32 - 12/5/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I've heard this already. Lot of people are skeptical of his footwork and leverage (mostly footwork though). Honestly I think the only linemen we should be looking at should be a C or somebody who will be able to transition to C and I think that guy will get picked further down in the draft. The defense is the albatross this year that gets beefed up with the first picks. It seems like there aren't that many great safety prospects (again), which is what I would love to pick if we're around the 20's.

For defense I really can't see them doing anything but going DL. I guess it all really depends on whether they think Travis Johnson is worth anything or not. I think the LB corps of Diles, Ryans, and Adibi is probably what they're sold on for the future. Lock up Dunta and figure out if where Bennett stands. I think Reeves would make a decent nickle and we can hopefully play Moulden more. I would really just like to see us get a good safety for the secondary for the offseason. The corners don't scare me.

The Texans defense for me is hard to evaluate because I think Diles, Adibi, Bennett, and Okoye are unknown quantities. Do you draft thinking that all of these guys can either play up to what they accomplished previous in their career, or were some or all of these guys flashes in the pan?

I think that will really come into how we draft in the first and second rounds. God I hope they cut Greenwood and Weaver this offseason.
Greenwood, I understand, but Weaver has been playing well lately, much better than I've seen him play in a Texans uniform; I've actually seen him in the backfield regularly, not something I'm used to seeing in Weaver. I'm not sure what the rest of his contract is worth, but I'm not sure buying a replacement is a better option right now.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote