View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008   #37
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defensive thoughts as of lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Michael Johnson does not have the same motor as Gaines Adams (has linebacker skills) seems a bit slower (Calais Campbell anyone) more of a bigger framed, RDE for NFL. Teams would run right at him (away from Mario) & I'm not sure how good his footwork is in the trenches, more effective in space where his length makes it difficult to go over/around him.

its a big range for him if he comes out? that makes me nervous. would be more inclined as a Texan to look for him falling early 2nd rd. where risk is closer to reward. meaning, probably not in Texans future plans.

I'll tell you the Gerogia Tech player more likely on the Texans wish list (next year only a true sophmore) is RB Jonathan Dryer, would be a nice complement to Steve Slaton 6-0 228 lbs.

I like Dwyer( hey I was close) and the Iowa back a lot also. I bet they go cheap at the running back spot again. Isn't Dwyer a true sophmore though. Unga is a red shirt Junior. What I was thinking....and I'm assuming here that we've bought the cow with Slaton....

cheap...you grab Unga in the fourth, Chase Daniels in the sixeth. Unload the RB trash on the IR. Bring back Moats and Cecil give them a fair shot with the OTAs under their belts...get a very good stable of backs ..on the cheap backing up Slaton. Chase Daniels isn't a little guy. He's got a neck Like a bowling ball. And I'd never advoacate hm as a front line starter Qb....but in a pinch for a game or two why not ? Unga is no slower than Terrel Davis. and he dd Ok in this system. Big six foot & two forty pound Larry Moriority type with quick feet, would go a long way to softening folks up. Unga stats sugest that he has very soft hands. I wouldn't expect him to hit the corner on the NFL level like he does in college though. Thunder beast to go with secrateriate.

I want Secreteriate under twenty touches a game. Unga is getting five to seven touches and Daneils getting two or three that should put Slaton where he needs to be with touches per game.

We're getting twenty five to thirty positive rushing plays on someone were kicking the heck out of them.

herd mocks in one place via Walter football:
http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-09-2008 at 04:17 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote