View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008   #32
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defensive thoughts as of lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I've seen alot, probably 5 this season. Maybe 6. MJ is inconsistent at best. He's the type of guy who will be invisible when he runs into a good OL, but will usually only show up when the OL are severely outmatched athletically.

The impressive defensive linemen on Georgia Tech are the tackles, Darryl Richard and Vance Walker.

6'4" 290 lb Darryl Richard 2008: 34 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, 1 FR.

2007: 30 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 1FF, 1 FR.

6'2" 293 lb Vance Walker 2008: 33 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 3.0 sacks, 1 FF, 1 safety.

2007: ?? tackles, 14.0 TFL, 8 sacks, 3 FF, 2 FR.

I couldn't get an exact number of tackles for Vance Walker in 2007. I've been watching these guys for the last two years, and they are both good players. It'd be good depth at DT, which we don't have any of.
I think Derrick Morgan is Tech's best DL.

I disagree about MJ though. I catch GT every time they're shown here, I've been raised a Yellowjacket fan, and every game I've seen he's been a huge factor. He might not put up the consistent sack numbers but he's terribly athletic and always in the backfield making plays, batting balls, and getting in the QB/RB's face. With his length and athleticism he actually reminds me a lot of Mario. So, he might be a but redundant for our purposes, but I think a lot of the haters are off base.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote