View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008   #29
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defensive thoughts as of lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
How many GT games have you seen?
I've seen alot, probably 5 this season. Maybe 6. MJ is inconsistent at best. He's the type of guy who will be invisible when he runs into a good OL, but will usually only show up when the OL are severely outmatched athletically.

The impressive defensive linemen on Georgia Tech are the tackles, Darryl Richard and Vance Walker.

6'4" 290 lb Darryl Richard 2008: 34 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, 1 FR.

2007: 30 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 1FF, 1 FR.

6'2" 293 lb Vance Walker 2008: 33 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 3.0 sacks, 1 FF, 1 safety.

2007: ?? tackles, 14.0 TFL, 8 sacks, 3 FF, 2 FR.

I couldn't get an exact number of tackles for Vance Walker in 2007. I've been watching these guys for the last two years, and they are both good players. It'd be good depth at DT, which we don't have any of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
http://sidelinescouting.com/blog/mock-draft/

Thought you'd enjoy this one.
Wow, highest I have seen Everette Brown. 2 seems pretty high. I'd say he could get in the top 10 if he just kills the strength AND speed tests. I already know he will test well for speed, but strength is the key. According to FSU strength and conditioning coach Todd Stroud, he improved his strength dramatically before this season.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote