View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008   #24
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defensive thoughts as of lately...

Quote:
I think the Elephant in the room is the DE opposite Mario....
I've already made my thoughts on this on numerous posts. I'm with you polo.

Look, they either have to get more athletic in the back seven or...get someone who can make a difference on third down. The only thing wrong with Duane Brown is Shanahand's play calls. The play calling has been helter skelter for two and half years. He pancakes guys. He makes his combo blocks. He knocks people in the dirt when he gets in the open on the second level. If they aren't calling some plays to take the heat off of him....that's not on Brown. Counters, draws....end around, flanker around, reverses.

Between the twenties Myers is OK. In the green zone he sucks. Don't be shocked if they live with Myers.

Just as they needed play makers two years ago on the offensive side of the ball, they need them now on the defensive side. They're loaded with young DBs learning. the only thing that is wrong with them is that they need snaps to learn. Reeves is getting better. Why they aren't running more press, which is what he does best is a head scratcher. I gotta an idea why.

If they have Everett Brown or Brian Orakpo...that gives them the tools to drop guys into an odd front and bring what everyone says they want...heat in passing situations. I know Orakpo is use to dropping off and covering . Don't know about Everett Brown.

The reason we're walking in Titan's droppings this year, they have a +13 turnover ratio. They've got guys making plays on balls. We've got QBs giving them up. Not too compicated...go get guys who can give our young DBs a chance at making plays on the ball.

They're going to miss not having the mudder Rb this Sunday. Supposed to be dry. Gotta have a mudder for the out doors games in December and January.