View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008   #20
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defensive thoughts as of lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I know what you mean but I kind of see that on a lot of levels on the defense. a CB vs. the ones we have, an OLB vs Diles or Adidbi, and then DE/DT. I think there's a greater chance Dunta isn't here much longer than we all want to believe. I have no doubt in my mind Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak will be here another few seasons.
Eh, not really.

At CB you have a 3rd rounder who can't get on the field, a 4th rounder who had a great rookie season, a high priced FA, and (presumably) Dunta.

At LB you have a 7th rounder coming off a serious injury, a good, promising 4th rounder, and DeMeco.

The DL line positions are a bit more fluid given the rotation and situational needs.

But, I think it's quite obvious, assuming Dunta's re-signed, that there's just not room for a rookie CB unless some major shake-up occurs. it would be much easier to replace Diles, TJ, or even Weaver.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote