View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008   #17
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defensive thoughts as of lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think a lot of us are thinking the a big DT is quite necessary for this team.

But the whole arguement of another pass rusher to get to the QB or a better secondary to help our DL... what do people think of that? Do you think an elite cornerback to start would be more benificial and allow the DL that extra split second since the cb can cover better or a DE to make the QB get rid of it a little sooner and having the same cb's on the wr would be better?
I think it's a futile question. Reeves is locked up as a starter whether we like it or not; Bennett had a great rookie season and, after a rough start, has been winning back playing time; and Dunta is Dunta. Molden is having a tough time getting on the field and I cannot imagine Rick Smith drafting a CB high given the fact that he has a young, talented CB that can't get on the field as it is. There's simply not enough room unless Smith's ready to concede that Molden was a bad pick, Bennett was a bad pick, and/or Reeves was a bad signing.

There's the (very slim) possibility that (1)Rick Smith and Kubiak aren't back next year and/or (2) Dunta Robinson isn't back next year. If either of those happens, it becomes much more plausible to spend a high pick on a CB. Otherwise I just can't imagine it happening.

Last edited by nero THE zero; 12-04-2008 at 03:01 PM.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote