View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008   #15
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The People versus Kubiak and Smith - 2nd Degree Murder of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
just a question for everybody: IF the D continues to play really well for the rest of the season and it turns out smith was the reason behind it (ie control hadnt been turned over to bush etc), is he still gone?

im not a richard smith fan or anything and id gladly send him packing (esp after dunta's comments) if it turned out frank bush had assumed control lately but i was talking to a jags fan i know and he said that jags fans didnt really like Mike Smith eventhough their D usually ranked pretty well because he was 'too conservative' so once he leaves for atlanta they bring in super-duper defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and the D goes to crap this yr

my point is that sometimes a big name d-coordinator isnt the solution. players need time to get to know schemes etc... so even if richard smith has the D playing very well by the end of the season, was the delay in the change of attitude criminal enough to send him packing? (assuming the reasoning behind that delay was the return of dunta allowed them to become aggressive and man up on wrs in the backend)

The Jags also traded away Marcus Stroud and I think that had a bigger impact then they thought it would.

Maddcit I continue to see this sorry trend of once we get out of playoff position the RS seems to rev the defense up to save his job. It's not like either squad we have played the past two weeks have lit it up this year.

Smith needs to go and Kubiak has next year to get the defense playing....at least mediocre.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote